Saturday, August 11, 2012

It's Growing!

I am still working on my hexagon crochet blanket.  Each individual hexagon only takes about 20 minutes to make but after spending two days making 20 of these bad boys, it took me almost 4 hours to stitch them together.  I think I prefer doing it this way because I can spend a couple of days banging out the hexagons and not feeling like I'm getting very far with it, then I have a day of putting them together and feel like a rockstar! =-)  So far this is what I'm sitting on, though I do have quite a few hexies already crocheted and waiting for my next big stitching day.



I got extremely bored working with the same 4 colors so I added in a few new colors.  I now have plum, black, and a purple varied yarn in the afghan.  As I'm looking at the picture, I notice that the all white hexagon I made seems to make a gap in my work but I think I like it.  It makes it unique.  I always like those little signature touches that every crafter has in their work.  Why craft if it doesn't reflect on who we are?  Sometimes I just like to throw a curveball into my pieces! 


Last weekend, we drove down to see my husband's bestfriend Rob and his family.  We had a lovely day.  Rob and Anna are really cool people and they took us to an area with a really neat tidal pool that we hiked all over and the kids got to get an up close look at some of the ocean's tiniest creatures.


These are the most important people in my life.  My husband Keith, my boys Kevin and Matthew, and the Princess back there is Raine.  Though getting a good picture of that girl is nearly impossible.  She's only 8 but she's already preparing for her teen years!


While we were out exploring the tide pools, these airplanes flew overhead.  I took a picture just for the sake of it and when I got home and actually looked at the picture, what a surprise to realize that they were actually old time war planes!  What a treat!


We were at the tide pools at sunset so I was able to take this beautiful shot.  My husbands camera takes much better pictures but I love my little digital camera for it's convenience.  I'm not carrying a backpack around full of camera equipment!


I am really trying to blog more.  I am working on actually scheduling time to blog and I have even started trying to hit certain points in my crafting stuff so that I will have something to share when I do blog.  
On Monday my college classes start up again.  I am working on finding better ways to schedule my time so that I can fit in all my interests.  Between work, school, kids, and everything else, life can get pretty hectic.  

Hope ya'll have a peaceful day!

Dara

No comments:

Post a Comment