Wednesday, January 6, 2010

New Year, New Projects!




This is what has become of my treasured sewing room....I am grieving it's loss at the moment but also looking forward to what is to come.
The story behind this calamity is pretty simple. When we bought this house two years ago, it had enough rooms to allow for my husband and I to have seperate rooms to work in. Keith's room was his office and my room was my sewing room. I had everything exactly the way I wanted it and then we decided to expand our family. In March of 2009, our son Matthew was born and it became apparent that I was going to lose my sewing space because now we are up to 3 children and they need their space. My two oldest, my son Kevin who is 9, and my daughter Raine, who is 6, have become mortal enemies lately. Every minute of the day is nothing but fighting so I have decided that in an effort to curb the chaos, I am giving up my sewing room to Kevin. He has at that age where he really needs his own bedroom where he can get away from his obnoxious sister, and have a little quiet time and space to himself.
My dear husband Keith has agreed to give me a corner of his office for my computer and sewing desk. I still haven't figured out where I'm going to put everything but for right now, this is the idea that we're working with. Unfortunatly, the old sewing room ended up becoming a storage room to hide all the stuff we didn't want our guests to see over the holidays and now I have an even bigger problem to deal with.
This morning I walked into that room and immediatly felt overwhelmed. As I stood there staring at all the stuff I had to do, it occured to me that if I took pictures and posted them, I would feel like I was being held accountable for this project. So as I clear out that room and start reorganizing my sewing gear into my new space, I am going to try to take pics and post them. I want to be able to see my progress and I also think it might be fun to have a record of it. So here's to progress!
Wish me Luck!
-Dara









No comments:

Post a Comment